- Get vaccinated against yellow fever at least 10 days before travelinr
- For your luggage, use a light backpack (between 40 and 60 liters) and a backpack for the day's outings
- Pack appropiate clothing according to the area you are going to visit. Remember that Colombia has a great variety of climates.
- For warm climates, select clothes for quicj drying, cotton, shirts or t-Shirts with short and long sleever, bathing suit and hat.
-For cold climates, the use of garments that protect the skin and provide shelter and warmth is traditional. Generally woolen or waterproof fabrics are used.
- Avoid wearing items for private use of the armed forces (camouflage clothing).
- Carry personal hygiene items; sunscreen, insect repellent, antihistamines, antacids and analgesics.
- It is convenient to have cash in small denomination bills.
- You must purchase travel insurance that provides medical assistance and emergency hospital care.
- If you are a foreigner you must have a valid passport, at least for the next six months.
- Always carry your personal documents (identification, health insurance card, passport).
- If you are taking any medication, are on medical treatment or have an allergy, report it and do not forget to pack your medicines.
- Wear shoes that allow you to feel comfortable like rubber boots or tennis
- We try to reduce the use of disposable containers that is why we carry water bottle or Camelbak
- Most of the capital cities of Colombia have an excellent aqueduct system and can use tap water for the preparation of food, direct consumption and cleaning without any problem; In small towns and villages it is recommended to consume bottled water
- Bring flashlight with spare batteries, or LEDs. Those with red light are the most recommended at night, outside, because they do not attract insects
- Take a camera, spare batteries and/or charger. It is convenient to have a sealed bag and silica gel, to keep the equipment protected
- Avoid wearing jewelry and valuables.
- Avoid carrying out toxic and packaging that produce garbage to the natural destinations
- Abstain from taking fauna, flora or mineral material from the places and areas visited.
- Refrain from carrying and consuming toxic, psychoactive or hallucinogenic substances and drinking excess liquor
- When doing rural tourism, provided that it is accompanied by tourist guides and qualified personnel to make these tours. Do not deviate from the routes. The complicated Colombian geography makes getting lost easy.
- When using public transport, always do it in the terminals and places specially designed for it.
- Respect the precautionary notices and established norms.
- Be attentive and follow the recommendations of the guides, hosts and companions.
- Try not to leave the group during the walks.
- When putting on shoes (boots or tennis shoes) shake them well to avoid accidents
- In case of any mishap or unforeseen, please contact as soon as possible with someone from the place
- If you want to bring something different from what is offered to eat, that are foods that provide calories such as snacks, chocolates or bananas.
Your safety also depends on you!