Birding route through the Andes (15 days)
From USD 2.895
This colourful trip is for those who want to enjoy Colombia through bird watching, a country with more than 1,912 species, of which 80 are endemic.
In the company of the ornithologist Sergio Ocampo-Tobón, it will be an unforgettable experience to know a great diversity of birds of all colors and sizes that live in the mountain ranges of the country; making a special emphasis on the sighting of endemic birds.
In addition, this tour will offer the opportunity to enjoy the best food on offer in the places visited.
Price and payment methods
* Prices subject to change without prior notice, and according to changes associated with number of travellers, time of stay and requested activities.
50% of the total value of the program is required at the time of approval of the proposal, and the remaining 50% ten (10) days before the start of the trip.
Cash, face-to-face credit card, or transfer to the following account:
Account holder: Patricia Jaramillo M.- Comunicac
Account type: Savings
The copy of the transaction must be sent to the email: email@example.com
You can also pay through PayU Latam, a secure virtual payment system using your debit or credit card. The corresponding payment button will be sent to you via email once you approve invoice*
*The cost of processing payment through this platform has not been included in the price, but we will notify you of the increase, should you wish to use it.
- Reception at the airport
- Accommodation at the hotel
- Welcome dinner
- Exit towards Cerro de Monserrate
- Ascend by cable car or funicular
- Bird watching of ecosystems of high Andean forest and Páramo
- Lunch in Monserrate
- Visit the historic centre to visit the museum of greatest interest: Gold Museum, Botero Museum or Museum of the Emerald
- Dinner at "Leo Cocina y Cava" restaurant
- Transfer to Chingaza National Natural Park
- Observation of the great biodiversity - fauna and flora of the Park (deer, spectacled bears, paramo tapir, mountain cougars and butterflies, in addition to the emblematic frailejones de páramo)
- Bird watching (More than 251 bird species, including 2 endemic species)
- Lunch at "El Café de la Huerta" restaurant
- Transfer to Gravilleras of the Siecha River Valley
- Back to the hotel
- Dinner at Club Colombia restaurant
- Transfer to La Florida Park
- Bird watching (40 bird species, some endemic and others migratory)
- Return to Bogotá
- Lunch at Minimal restaurant
- Visit to a coffee shop to know the process and sample the exquisite taste of the best coffee in the world
- Dinner at the restaurant "Salvo Patria"
- Back to the hotel
- Departure to the Pedro Palo lagoon, in the Tenasucá Nature Reserve.
- Breakfast on the way
- Bird watching in the Reserve
- Transfer to the hotel in the municipality of La Mesa, Cundinamarca
- Departure to the municipality of San Francisco de Sales
- Visit to the Enchanted Garden
- Birdwatching (23 species of hummingbirds)
- Transfer by road to reach the banks of the Magdalena River
- Lunch during the tour
- Accommodation at the hotel in Victoria, Caldas
- Bird watching in the surroundings of the municipality of Victoria, in Bellavista AICA, the Canaan-San Mateo ecological trail and the lookout towards the canyon
- Lunch, back to Victoria
- Transfer by land, crossing the central mountain range, to reach Manizales
- Accommodation in "Recinto del pensamiento"
-Transfer to the Reserva de Río Blanco and Quebrada Olivares
- Breakfast at the reserve
- Bird watching (13 species between endemic and almost endemic)
- Lunch at Río Blanco
- Return to Manizales
- Visit to the Cathedral Café
- Tour of the city center
- Dinner at the Italo-Argentinian restaurant "Bolognini"
- They will have breakfast during the trip to the National Park of Los Nevados
- Thermal baths at the Termales El Ruiz hotel
- Birdwatching (about 12 species of hummingbirds in the páramo)
- Return to Manizales
- Dinner at the hotel
- Transfer to the Ecopark Alcázares-El Arenillo
- Bird watching (more than 140 species of birds of the humid forest ecosystem)
- Return to Manizales
- Lunch in the Cyprus neighborhood
- City tour around the city
- Dinner at the" Vino y Pimienta" restaurant
-Breakfast during the trip to El Aralcal Reserve
- Bird watching (around 152 species of birds, bats and mammals such as: anteaters, tigrillos and squirrels, among others)
- Lunch in Chinchiná
- Visit to Balsora Lake or Cameguadua Dam
- Finish the tour near the Otún Quimbaya Flora and Fauna Sanctuary
- Dinner at the Sanctuary
- Tour of the Sanctuary to observe birds and mammals such as the howler monkey and the tapir, among others
- Lunch in Pereira
- Transfer to Buga
- Breakfast during the trip to the Laguna de Sonso
- Bird watching (around 160 species)
- Lunch in Buga at the Salerno Pizzeria
- Visit to the Parque el Vínculo
- Transfer to Cali
- Dinner at the "Antigua Contemporánea" restaurant
- Departure to the Alexandria farm
- Bird watching (103 species of birds have been recorded in the place)
-Visit the gardens of the house of the professional photographer of hummingbirds Luis Mazariegos (6,29 possible hummingbirds a day of 12 different species)
- Departure to the airport
- Flight to Bogota
- Transfer to the El Dorado International Airport in the city of Bogotá.
Naturaleza y Turismo Colombia is responsible for the planning, operation, administration and supervision of all services offered.
What's not included
- Get vaccinated against yellow fever at least 10 days before traveling
- Always carry your personal documents (identification, health insurance card, passport).
- Carry personal hygiene items; sunscreen, insect repellent, antihistamines, antacids and analgesics.
- Pack appropiate clothing according to the area you are going to visit.
- For warm climates, select clothes for quick drying, cotton, shirts or t-Shirts with short and long sleever, bathing suit and hat.
- For cold climates, the use of garments that protect the skin and provide shelter and warmth is traditional. Generally woolen or waterproof fabrics are used.
- Wear shoes that allow you to feel comfortable like rubber boots or tennis
- We try to reduce the use of disposable containers that is why we carry water bottle or Camelbak
- Take a camera, spare batteries and/or charger.
- It is convenient to have cash in small denomination bills.
- Avoid wearing jewelry and valuables.
- Avoid carrying out toxic and packaging that produce garbage to the natural destinations
- Abstain from taking fauna, flora or mineral material from the places and areas visited.
- Refrain from carrying and consuming toxic, psychoactive or hallucinogenic substances and drinking excess liquor
When reservations have been confirmed.
- For airline tickets, the cancellation policies of the corresponding airline will apply, and the administrative fee will not be reimbursed.
- There will be a 20% penalty charge if the reservation is cancelled at least 30 days prior to the arrival date. (Unless the policies of the service provider requires longer notice cancelation)
- There will be a 25% cancellation penalty if the reservation is cancelled between day 14 and 8, prior to the arrival date. (Unless the policies of the service provider requires longer notice cancelation)
- There will be a 50% cancellation penalty if the reservation is cancelled between day 7 and 4, prior to the arrival date.
- There will be a 100% cancellation penalty if the reservation is cancelled between day 3 and, 1 prior to arrival date.
Naturaleza y Turismo Colombia is committed to the current tourism regulations, therefore, when buying some of our products, you agree to:
- Avoid exploitation, pornography, and sex tourism with children and adolescents, which are penalized by means of Law 1336 of 2009, which strengthens Law 679 of 2001.
- Accept Law 1752 of 2015 which aims to penalize acts of discrimination based on race, ethnicity, religion, nationality, political or philosophical ideology, sex or sexual orientation, disability and other reasons for discrimination.
- Not to commercialize or traffic illegally with cultural goods, since it is penalized by the laws of prevention and protection of the patrimony: Law 103 of 1991 and its decree 904 of 1991, Law 397 of 1997 and its Decree 833 of 2002 and the Law 1185 of 2008.
- Not to commercialize or traffic with wild fauna and flora species, which is penalized by means of Law 17 of 1981 and by Ministerial Resolution No. 1367 of 2000.
- Do not hunt, have as a pet and/or transport any individual wildlife: Decree 1608 of 1978
- Report and prevent the trafficking of flora and fauna. Law 599 of 2000 Colombian Penal Code. Law 165 of 1994 United Nations Convention on Biological Diversity, in compliance with Law 1266 of 2008, Law 1581 of 2012, and Decree 1377 of 2013.